Lanys Linkage: DIY Christmas Present Tutorials! (Also totally a last minute present idea list)
WOW I cannot believe Christmas is so so close!!!
Only four more sleeps!
I’ve gotten a lot of my homemade presents done, but if like me you still like to see some cool tutorials for quick but thoughtful gifts I’ve rounded up some of the best that I’ve seen in the past while, and that have been haunting my bookmarks!
- This pillow with an INGENIOUS way of closing the back, I am literally like “Duuuh why didn’t I think of that”! Thankfully they’ve already thought of this over on Verhext.
- Papier Mache Teacup for those of you with a day or two spare to let it dry before and after painting! Super cute and one for a friend who loves trinket holder and/or tea will love! Ann Wood, Thank you!
- If the person loves nice mugs and a nice cup of something warm, I think adding some good hot chocolate mix or some chai spices (if the person is like me, in lust with chai tea/lattes) and some marshmallows (remember to get vegan marshmallows if they’re veggie/vegan!) and possible a mini milk frother wrapped up cutely with a bow would be a great present!
- Bunny bowling is adorably awesome and a great present! I can imagine pulling this out at parties and having a laugh, credit due to The Long Thread
- Light Up Letters spelling their name, their home place, their favourite word, their childs name whatever you know they’ll love! I imagine it’d be easier get those battery operated LED lights in bargain shops this time of year rather than any other time, stock up and make birthday or party signs! Oh Happy Day blog is the source of this brilliant tutorial.
- Sew a cute backpack with the easy to follow instructions over on Hart & Sew in their favourite colours/patterns and you’ll have a super happy giftee! (is giftee a word?)
- An origami kitten bookmark would be a really cute addition to a book gift to a cat lover,
YouTube user Jo Nakashima uploaded that amazing tutorial.
- A tote bag is a really versatile present (and stash buster) especially when stuffed with (not necessarily expensive) treats and/or snacks/presents etc, The Purl Bee created that super tutorial.
- A calender with tassels/pompoms and personal photos is always a great addition to someones life, great idea by ImBreannaRose
- THIS marvellous sweater inspired two tutorials on Honestly WTF and Stripes & Sequins which are both amazing, would make amazing presents for friends/siblings/funky relations!
- Giving someone a pinata never occurred to me before and I don’t know why, TOTALLY AMAZING IDEA, as a decoration or an actual sweet filled pinata (totally easy way to dress up a box of sweets from nice gift level to amazing gift level) Oh Happy Day is again responsible for this gem of an idea!
- Red Riding Hood stuffie for a fan of fairy tales or for a young friend (you could totally make a stuffed wolf/grandma/house/woodcutter set) the tutorial is from The Long Thread!
- Reusable shopping bag may seeeem boring until you show that it converts into a STRAWBERRY! How cute! I have an aunt for whom this would be a perfect present, thanks Craft Passion
- Decorate a Mug with help from Design Sponge, you can create a super personal mug to remind someone of the fun you have together!
- Hot Air Balloon Mobile I would totally love to receive something this awesome and I can’t be the only one! How Joyful has a tutorial up suggesting it for nursery mobiles, but it’s so cute I can imagine hanging it in my living room no problem!
- This christmas card will be popping up on several of my friends mantlepieces this holiday after I saw the tutorial on How About Orange
- The Paper Bow tutorial from Helen Made will pretty up your presents in a cute eco-conscious manner! I’m off to finish up some last minute presents and hopefully have everything done by Christmas day!
Happy holidays, stay safe and have an absolute blast!